Hanging a blanket on the wall is an easy way to add a touch of coziness and warmth to any room. Whether you want to display a beautiful tapestry or simply want to cover up a bare wall, there are several ways to hang a blanket on the wall.
One of the most straightforward ways to hang a blanket on the wall is to use nails. This method is ideal for lightweight blankets and involves simply hammering a nail into the wall and hanging the blanket from it.
However, if you have a heavier blanket or want to avoid making holes in your wall, there are other options available. For example, you can use a curtain rod, Velcro tape, or even a wooden frame to hang your blanket. Each of these methods has its own benefits and drawbacks, so it’s important to choose the one that works best for your specific needs.
In this article, we will explore some of the most popular methods on how to hang a blanket on the wall and provide you with helpful tips to ensure that your blanket hangs securely and looks great.
- There are several ways to hang a blanket on the wall, including using nails, curtain rods, Velcro tape, wooden frames, or clips and nails.
- The method you choose depends on the weight and size of the blanket, as well as your preference for avoiding damage to the wall.
- When hanging a blanket, it’s essential to choose the right materials, such as nails, hooks, screws, wall anchors, Velcro tape, rods, bulldog clips, wood boards, and carpet tack strips.
- Selecting the perfect blanket involves considering factors like weight, size, material, and design to achieve the desired look and functionality.
- Before hanging the blanket, prepare the area, measure the wall, and ensure you have the necessary tools and materials to hang it securely.
- Two popular hanging methods include using rods and hooks, as well as Velcro strips, which are easy to install and remove without causing damage.
- For heavier blankets that can’t be hung with tabs or loops, creating a DIY frame using a wooden frame or canvas stretcher is an effective alternative.
Choosing the Right Materials
When it comes to hanging a blanket on the wall, choosing the right materials is crucial to ensure it stays securely in place. Here are some materials to consider:
Nails, Hooks, Screws, and Wall Anchors
If you’re hanging a lightweight blanket, nails, hooks, or screws may be sufficient. However, for heavier blankets, you’ll need to use wall anchors or toggle bolts to ensure the blanket stays securely in place. Make sure to choose the right size of nail, hook, screw, or anchor for the weight of your blanket.
Velcro tape is a great option for hanging a blanket on the wall without damaging it. Simply attach the softer side of the velcro to the back of the blanket and the rougher side to the wall. Make sure to use a strong adhesive and enough tape to support the weight of the blanket.
Rods and Rod Pockets
Rods and rod pockets are a popular option for hanging tapestries and heavier blankets. Simply slide the rod through the pocket at the top of the blanket and hang it on brackets attached to the wall.
Command Strips and Bulldog Clips
Command strips and bulldog clips are great for lightweight blankets and can be easily removed without damaging the wall or the blanket. Simply attach the strip or clip to the wall and attach the blanket to it.
Wood Boards and Carpet Tack Strips
For a rustic look, you can attach a wood board to the wall and use carpet tack strips to hang the blanket. Simply attach the strips to the board and then attach the blanket to the strips.
Tools and Materials
To hang a blanket on the wall, you’ll need a few basic tools and materials, including a hammer, drill, screws, nails, wall anchors, velcro tape, rods, bulldog clips, wood boards, and carpet tack strips.
Pro Tip: Before hanging your blanket, make sure to measure the height and width of the wall to ensure it fits properly.
Selecting the Perfect Blanket
When it comes to hanging a blanket on the wall, the first step is to select the perfect blanket. The type of blanket you choose will impact the method you use to hang it, as well as the overall look and feel of the finished product.
Consider the following factors when selecting a blanket for wall hanging:
- Weight: If you plan to hang a heavy blanket or tapestry, you will need to use a more robust hanging method. Lighter throw blankets or muslin fabric can be hung with a simple nail or adhesive strip.
- Size: The size of your blanket will also impact the hanging method you choose. Larger blankets may require a wooden frame or canvas stretcher to keep them taut and secure.
- Material: The material of your blanket can also impact its suitability for wall hanging. A heavy wool blanket may not be the best choice for a hot and humid climate, while a lightweight cotton throw may not have the necessary weight and structure for a tapestry.
- Design: Finally, consider the design of your blanket. A bold and colorful tapestry can make a stunning focal point on your wall, while a more subtle and neutral throw can add texture and warmth to a room without overwhelming the space.
Before you start hanging your blanket on the wall, there are a few preparation steps you should take to ensure that the process is smooth and successful. Here are some step-by-step instructions to help you hang a blanket on the wall:
- Choose the right location: First, you need to decide where you want to hang your blanket. Choose a spot that is visible and complements the room’s decor. Make sure the area is clean and free from any obstructions.
- Select the right hardware: The type of hardware you choose will depend on the weight and size of your blanket. Here are some options to consider:
- Nails or screws: These are ideal for lightweight blankets. Make sure to use a suitable fastener and secure the blanket properly.
- Curtain rod: This is a great option for heavier blankets. The rod should be sturdy and able to hold the weight of the blanket without bending or sagging.
- Self-adhesive Velcro tape: This is a quick and easy option that works well for lightweight blankets. Make sure to use enough tape to hold the blanket securely in place.
- Command strips: These are ideal for lightweight blankets and are easy to install. Make sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions for best results.
- Measure the blanket and wall: Before you start hanging your blanket, you need to measure both the blanket and the wall. This will help you determine the right hardware to use and ensure that the blanket is hung at the right height.
- Prepare the blanket: If your blanket does not already have hanging sleeves or tabs, you will need to add them. You can sew them onto the top of the blanket or use bulldog clips to attach them.
- Hang the blanket: Once you have chosen the right location, selected the right hardware, measured the blanket and wall, and prepared the blanket, you can start hanging it. Make sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions for best results.
Hanging Method: Rods and Hooks
One of the most popular ways to hang a blanket on the wall is by using rods and hooks. This method is easy to install and can be done in just a few steps. Here’s how to do it:
Step 1: Choose your Rod
The first step is to choose the right rod for your blanket. You can use a curtain rod or a wooden dowel. If you’re using a curtain rod, make sure it’s strong enough to hold the weight of your blanket. If you’re using a wooden dowel, make sure it’s wide enough to fit through the rod pocket or tabs on your blanket.
Step 2: Install the Hooks
Next, install the hooks on the wall where you want to hang your blanket. You can use eyelet screws or regular hooks. Make sure they’re level and spaced evenly apart. If you’re using eyelet screws, screw them directly into the wall. If you’re using regular hooks, use plastic wall anchors to mount them on the wall.
Step 3: Hang the Rod
Once the hooks are in place, hang the rod on the hooks. Make sure the rod is level and secure. If you’re using a wooden dowel, you can attach hooks directly to the wood and then hang the wood on the wall.
Step 4: Hang the Blanket
Finally, hang the blanket on the rod. If your blanket has a rod pocket, slide the rod through the pocket. If your blanket has tabs, tie them onto the rod. Make sure the blanket is evenly spaced on the rod and adjust as necessary.
Tips and Hints
- If you’re using a curtain rod, you can add finials to the ends for a decorative touch.
- If you’re using a wooden dowel, you can attach hooks to the bottom of the wood to hang other items, such as hats or scarves.
- Make sure the hooks are strong enough to hold the weight of your blanket. If you’re unsure, use heavier-duty hooks or screws.
- If you’re using eyelet screws, make sure they’re screwed in tightly to prevent them from coming loose over time.
Hanging Method: Velcro Strips
If you want to hang a blanket on the wall without damaging it, using Velcro strips is a great option. Velcro strips are affordable, easy to install, and will cause no damage to the walls or blanket itself. Here are some tips on how to use Velcro strips to hang your blanket on the wall.
First, make sure you have a heavy-duty Velcro strip. This will ensure that your blanket stays securely attached to the wall. You will also need at least five or more Velcro strips to hang the blanket to the wall.
Before attaching the Velcro strips to the blanket, you should clean the surface of the blanket and the wall. This will ensure that the Velcro strips adhere properly. You can use a damp cloth to wipe the surface of the blanket and the wall.
Next, attach the Velcro strips to the blanket. You should attach the strips to the top corners and the middle of the blanket. Make sure the Velcro strips are evenly spaced and securely attached to the blanket.
Once the Velcro strips are attached to the blanket, you can attach them to the wall. Start by attaching the top corners of the blanket to the wall. Make sure the blanket is level before attaching the middle Velcro strips.
If you want to remove the blanket from the wall, simply pull the Velcro strips apart. The Velcro strips should not damage the blanket or the wall.
Hanging Method: Clips and Nails
If you want to hang a blanket on the wall without causing any damage, then using clips and nails is a great option. This method is simple and easy to do, and you can use it to hang blankets of all sizes and weights.
To start, you will need to gather the following materials:
- Clips (such as bulldog clips)
Once you have your materials, follow these steps:
- Find the location where you want to hang your blanket. Make sure that the wall is clean and free of any debris.
- Hammer the nails into the wall, spacing them out according to the size and weight of your blanket. For heavier blankets, you may need to use more nails to distribute the weight evenly.
- Attach the clips to the top corners of your blanket. Make sure that the clips are securely fastened and that the blanket is level.
- Hang the blanket on the nails by attaching the clips to them. Adjust the position of the blanket as needed.
Using clips and nails to hang a blanket on the wall is a versatile method that allows you to easily switch out blankets or move them to a different location. Plus, it is an affordable option that requires minimal tools and materials.
Pro Tip: One tip to keep in mind is to choose the right size of clips for your blanket. If the clips are too small, they may not be able to hold the weight of the blanket. On the other hand, if the clips are too large, they may be visible and detract from the overall look of the blanket.
Creating a DIY Frame for Your Blanket
If you want to hang your blanket on the wall without damaging it, you can create a DIY frame that will hold your blanket securely in place. This method is ideal for blankets that are too thick or heavy to hang with tabs or loops. Here’s how you can create your own DIY frame for your blanket:
- Choose a wooden frame or canvas stretcher that is slightly larger than your blanket. You can purchase these frames at your local craft store or online.
- Lay your blanket on top of the frame and adjust it until it’s centered.
- Use a pencil to mark the corners of your blanket on the frame.
- Use a drill to create holes in each corner of the frame where you marked it.
- Attach eye hooks to the top of the frame using screws.
- Cut a piece of wire to the width of the frame and attach it to the eye hooks.
- Hang the frame on the wall using picture hooks or nails.
A DIY frame is a great way to showcase your favorite blanket while keeping it safe and secure. You can also customize your frame by painting or staining it to match your decor. Just make sure to choose a sturdy wooden frame or canvas stretcher that can support the weight of your blanket.
Alternative Hanging Methods
If you are looking for alternative ways to hang your blanket on the wall, there are a few options that you can consider. Here are some ideas to help you get started:
- Command Strips: These adhesive strips are a popular choice for hanging all kinds of things on walls, including blankets. They are easy to use and do not require any tools or nails. Simply attach the strips to the wall and the back of your blanket, then press them together. Make sure to choose the right size and weight capacity for your blanket.
- Wall Anchors: If you want to hang a heavier blanket, you may need to use wall anchors. These are small devices that provide extra support for screws or hooks. You can find them at hardware stores, and they come in different sizes and materials.
- Magnets: If your blanket has metal grommets or eyelets, you can use magnets to hang it on the wall. Simply attach the magnets to the wall and the grommets, then adjust the position until your blanket is level.
- Clothespins: For a rustic or bohemian look, you can use clothespins to hang your blanket on the wall. Simply clip the blanket to a string or wire, then attach the string to the wall. You can also use decorative clothespins to add some flair.
- Invisible Wooden Piece: Another alternative to hanging a blanket on the wall is to use an invisible wooden piece. This is a thin, flat piece of wood that is attached to the back of the blanket. You can then hang the wood on the wall using nails or screws. This method is great if you want to avoid any visible hardware on the front of your blanket.
Incorporating the Blanket into Your Decor
Once you have successfully hung your blanket on the wall, you can start incorporating it into your decor. Here are some tips on how to display your blanket in a stylish and creative way:
- Bedroom: Hang your favorite blanket above your bed as a statement piece. You can also layer it with other blankets for a cozy look. If you have a headboard, you can drape the blanket over it for a chic effect.
- Living Room: Use your blanket to add warmth to your living room. Drape it over the back of your sofa or armchair for a cozy touch. You can also hang it on the wall behind your sofa as a focal point.
- Entryway: Make a statement in your entryway by hanging your blanket on the wall. It will add a cozy and inviting touch to your home.
- Creative Homeowners: If you’re feeling creative, you can use your blanket as a tapestry. Hang it on the wall and add some fairy lights for a magical effect.
- Interior Design: When choosing a blanket to hang on the wall, consider the color and pattern. You want it to complement your existing decor. A neutral-colored blanket with a simple pattern will work well in most spaces.
- Display: To make your blanket stand out, use a frame to display it. This will give it a polished and professional look.
Pro Tip: When hanging your blanket, make sure it is level. Use a level or a smartphone app to ensure it is straight.
FAQ: How to Hang a Blanket on the Wall
What are some clips or hangers I can use to hang a blanket on the wall?
There are several types of clips and hangers that you can use to hang a blanket on the wall. Some popular options include curtain clips, clothespins, and binder clips. You can also use specialized blanket hangers or quilt hangers, which are designed specifically for hanging blankets. These hangers typically come in a variety of sizes and styles, so you can choose the one that best suits your needs.
How can I hang a blanket from the ceiling?
If you want to hang a blanket from the ceiling, you can use ceiling hooks or eye screws. These hooks and screws can be screwed directly into the ceiling, and then you can use string or wire to hang the blanket from the hook. Make sure to choose a hook or screw that is strong enough to support the weight of the blanket.
What is the best way to hang a blanket over a window?
If you want to hang a blanket over a window, you can use a curtain rod or tension rod. Simply hang the rod above the window and then drape the blanket over the rod. You can also use clips or hangers to attach the blanket to the rod. This is a great way to add some extra insulation to your windows during the colder months.
What are some creative ways to hang blankets on a ladder?
If you have a ladder that you want to use to hang blankets, there are several creative ways to do so. You can drape the blankets over the rungs of the ladder, or you can use clips or hangers to attach the blankets to the ladder. You can also use a tension rod to hang the blankets from the ladder. This is a great way to add some cozy decor to your home.
Are there any specific blanket hangers for walls?
Yes, there are specific blanket hangers that are designed for use on walls. These hangers typically come in a variety of sizes and styles, so you can choose the one that best suits your needs. Some popular options include quilt hangers, blanket hangers, and tapestry hangers.
How can I hang a blanket on the wall without damaging it?
If you want to hang a blanket on the wall without damaging it, there are several options available. You can use adhesive hooks or strips, which are designed to hold items without damaging walls. You can also use tension rods or curtain rods to hang the blanket, or you can use clips or hangers that are specifically designed for use on walls. Make sure to choose a method that is appropriate for the weight of the blanket and that will not damage your walls.